Monday, October 18, 2010

30DTD5.

Day 6 - Something you hope you never have to do.

Instead of listing all of the extremely depressing things that I am absolutely going to have to do in my lifetime even though I don't want to... I'm going to list something that is always a "possibility", but I hope is never a reality.

I hope I never have to get a divorce. I know how terrible that sounds... but just... hear me out. My parents got divorced after 29 years of marriage; a marriage that I thought was sturdy my entire life. During the last 6 years, and after many discussions, I have come to the conclusion that they were pretty much miserable from the beginning.
Ryan and I are really close - the best of friends. We work hard to stay in harmony with each other. We talk about everything, we keep no secrets, we spend a lot of time kissing, we have too much fun, we keep the passion alive, we laugh a lot, we discuss our future, we're on the same page, and when we aren't we make sure to get back to it real quick. There is no one else on the entire earth that I would rather spend my days with. I love this man so much. He is literally the reason I am even breathing air at this very moment... literally, guys.

I hope we never lose sight of what is important. I hope we spend the rest of our lives learning from our experiences as a couple and growing from them. I hope our love multiplies every single day. I hope we never get discouraged or feel defeated. I hope we never let anything get too big to conquer. So, what I really hope I never have to do is make our kids feel that forever doesn't exist... because it does, and we intend to prove it.

4 comments:

Newlyweds on a Budget said...

Well said!

Eric and I try not to use the D-word ever in any of our conversations. I think once people consider it as a possibility, it's easier to just pull the emergency exit button.

Bree said...

I agree, very will written. Everyone makes their own path and it's obvious you guys are committed to making it work :)

She's In There Somewhere said...

That is an amazing goal to have. As long as you approach marriage with divorce never being an option you both always know that no matter what you HAVE to work it out. Unfortunately our generation has made divorce look easy and happen too often so its hard to have that mindset when the world thinks otherwise. It is 'til death do us part.

Blogs said...

Just catching up here:) I am not married to my love but we might as well be. We've been together for 13 years have 2 kids and been through a lot. No infidelities though. That's one thing I don't understand about couples. I'm sorry that people get married and don't try their hardest to stay together as you've stated. Many people are too selfish and ignorant to hold on to the love they found. They give up way too easily. Nothing better can come for your sister. She sounds like she just needs to get her partying out. But all in all, I feel like you do.

I need to see more pics in these posts lady. Maybe some of y'all running around naked...baahahaha....j/k