Sunday, October 10, 2010

peanut butter chocolate chunk brownies.

I've decided I rather like baking.
It's not going to do much for my scale -
but, I'm way more worried about my soul anyway. (;

These are the best brownies I've ever had, seriously.
I'll never do boxed brownies again.
They're good room temp, cold, or warm with a glass of milk.
I'm probably going to make them again as soon as this batch is gone!

(please excuse my poor camera skills and thumb prints!)

Ingredients
1 cup of all purpose flour
1/4 cup of semisweet chocolate chunks*
1/4 tsp of baking soda
1/8 tsp of salt
3/4 cup of granulated sugar
1/4 cup of packed light brown sugar
1 tsp of cocoa powder
1/2 cup of creamy peanut butter
1 tbsp of vegetable oil
1 tsp of vanilla extract
2 large eggs

Directions
Preheat oven to 350degrees.
Coat the bottom of an 8 inch pan with cooking spray.
Combine flour, chocolate chunks, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
Combine sugars and remaining ingredients in a separate bowl until well blended.
Add the flour mixture, stirring just until blended.
Spread batter into prepared pan.
Bake for 20-25 minutes until toothpick comes out almost clean.
Makes about 9 good sized brownies.

*I used 1/2 cup of chocolate chunks, but it took away from the peanut butter a little, and we really like peanut butter.

I hope you enjoy these... we most certainly have!

2 comments:

Blogs said...

ughhhhh...yummy...we had some really good cookies this past weekend...this coming weekend it's choc. chip!:)

Newlyweds on a Budget said...

I have been a baking machine lately and I just added this to my list! Yesterday, I made pumpkin cake...today I think I may make pumpkin chocolate chip cookies! Not very good for my waistline, but oh so delicious!