Saturday, October 2, 2010

pumpkin chocolate chip cookies.

I've had a hunkering for anything pumpkin for the last week
but I kept forgetting to look for Libby's when we were at the grocery store
because Florida had a shortage, and there was none for Thanksgiving last year,
so I just assumed Georgia would have the same problem. I was wrong... thankfully.
So, last night Ryan ran to Publix and picked up some things
and we baked Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies.
I looked up too many recipes online and then made my own
by throwing bits and pieces of all the recipes together to fit my tastebuds.
They turned out delicious... I've uh... already eaten 5.
And the best part is you'll most likely have half of the ingredients in your house.

Ingredients
1 cup of canned pumpkin
1/2 cup of vegetable oil
1 egg
1 cup of white sugar
1 cup of light brown sugar
2 cups of all purpose flour
2 tsp on baking powder
1/2 tsp of salt
2 tsp of cinnamon
1/4 tsp of nutmeg
1tsp baking soda
1 tsp of milk
1 tsp of vanilla
2 cups of chocolate chips
(I used milk chocolate, most recipes call for semi-sweet)

Directions
Combine pumpkin, white sugar, light brown sugar, oil and egg in a bowl and mix well.
In a separate bowl mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
Dissolve baking soda with milk and stir it into flour mixture.
Add the mixtures together until mixed thoroughly.
Add the vanilla and chocolate chips,
drop spoonfuls on a cookie sheet and bake at 350degrees for about 10/15 minutes.
(My first batch took about 25 minutes because I made them too big,
so if you like big cookies, bake for longer!)

They're very moist and a little like cake in texture,
and go really well with coffee if that's your thing!

3 comments:

Randa said...

Mmmmm. Those sound delicious. I'm going to have to get some pumpkin so I can make these and a pumpkin space latte!

Thanks for sharing!

Christine Wang said...

pumpkin spice anything is quintessentially fall. love it!

She's In There Somewhere said...

Hey thank you so much for your comments on my page. You were the first and it definitely brought a smile to my face! I am absolutely going to try this recipe. My husband will be so grateful so thanks for the tips :(