Monday, October 18, 2010

baking, mom, & fishing. eclectic.

So... I've been baking a lot. I've almost considered creating my own baking blog so that this one doesn't transform. We'll see... for now, I'll still post on here. I recently made some killer lemon coconut bars with a graham cracker crust and dusted confectioner's sugar on top. When they're gone, I'm going to attempt pumpkin whoopie pies with cinnamon cream cheese frosting. I've always liked being in the kitchen, but cooking hasn't ever really been my thing - I think baking is... I love it.

My momma is coming to visit this week. She's driving up on Wednesday. I am so excited to see her. I don't think my house has ever been cleaner. I've been trying to get everything perfect - I want her to see how well we're doing. I know she worries about us sometimes, being so young and in a city where we have no family and no friends. I hope spending some time with us will ease her fears. Gotta love moms - they have the biggest hearts in the world.

She's leaving Saturday, but she's taking me with her, at least until the Fla/Ga line. I got offered the trip of a lifetime. My grandaddy booked a charter boat for an 8hr trip on Sunday. Growing up, fishing was our family thing. My grandparents had a summer house about 3 hours north of our hometown. We'd spend at least a week there every summer. We'd bring home what we caught, clean it, fry it up with some grits and hush puppies and wash it all down with some sweet iced tea. Those were the days... and I'm looking forward to reliving them, if only for 1 day.

2 comments:

Blogs said...

I actually love baking as of lately...the more we get into it, the more we like! i got yelled at for buying so much baking stuff when i was supposed to just get a couple things at the grocery store....oooops!

sounds like a fabulous time coming up for you....i 'd be taking pics over fishing too but i'm sure the adventure will be a blast:) have fun!

Newlyweds on a Budget said...

I've been cooking a lot recently too! I just have the baking bug I guess...