Thursday, September 30, 2010

life is either a great adventure, or nothing.

Ryan found out about the job here in Athens back in June.
He was pretty determined, so we packed up on July 4th weekend,
thew the dog in the backseat and drove 7 hours for him to have an interview.
He'd never been to Georgia before,
so we found an Ingles and got him the quintessential southern meal.


They let us stay in a trailer with animal hair all over the sheets, bugs in the windows,
wasps outside the door, and an A/C that didn't adjust very well and kept us shivering all night, all in a teeny tiny town with nothing more than a dollar store, a gas station,
and a grocery store that looked like it was straight out of a horror movie.

I kept trying to see the adventure in it all - and even though I can laugh at it now,
I cried a lot while it was happening. Boohoo.
I took this picture after he told me we could stay in a hotel.
I think that was the fastest I've ever gotten ready... 5 minutes, tops.

So, as much as we appreciated their kindness and free night,
it goes without saying that we did stay in a hotel the next night.
We spent most of the day sitting in bed watching TV
and only ventured out to get some high class subway.

We drove up 2 weeks later to figure out the whole house thing.
We moved up 2 weeks later.
(Yes, we drove to Georgia 3 times in one month)
And, the rest is history!

1 comment:

Bree said...

It all worked out for you guys, which is awesome. I'm pretty sure I would have hightailed my butt to a hotel too haha