Monday, June 7, 2010

blast from the past, yo.

After a fun conversation at the dinner table with Ryan about my childhood spent fishing,
I had the urge to sift through all our family pictures.
So, I called my momma to see if I could borrow the boxes.
We drove over there at 10oclock last night, and I stayed up until 2am sifting through them all. There's something so surreal about being able to touch the past.
My parents' entire marriage is sitting in my living room, right now.
It's really special, but it's also really sad... they divorced after 29 years.
It makes me wonder if their photgraphed smiles were ever real.
I guess I'll never know... and it's probably better that way.

2 comments:

Bree said...

Aww I love looking at old pictures! Can't wait to see some more :)

Christine Wang said...

this post is so fantastically nostalgic!